HistoryThe Helen Wilson Settlement was founded in 1896, moving to Rutland Hall, Hicks Street in 1906. It promoted cultural, recreational and educational activities in the area and laid a strong emphasis on temperance. It closed in the early 1970's due to population change.
Afterwards the building was home to the South Yorkshire Printers company, becoming the Rutland Print Works.
For more information on Helen Wilson visit: