Crossroads Farm is a useful agricultural holding comprising a substantial Georgian Farmhouse with a range of derelict cottages, traditional and modern farm buildings and approximately 120 acres of land.
The main farmhouse was constructed in the 18th Century and was used as a coaching inn prior to its conversion to a farmhouse.
In addition there is a range of traditional stone buildings incorporating four redundant farm cottages, one inhabited cottage, and a range of traditional and modern farm buildings.
This building was originally The Royal Northern Sea Bathing Infirmary. It was built between 1850 and 1860. It was designed by William Baldwin Stewart. The building is built in a large Italianate villa style of architecture.